Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Happy Heart Birthday, Gabriella!











Today marks the one year anniversary of my niece Gabriella receiving her new sparkly heart.
You can read about her story here.

I started to type this long blog, but I can't get my words to convey what I really want to say.

It all comes to this....I can't even begin to express how grateful I am that Abbie's parents made the difficult decision to give others life out of their own tragedy.
My heart breaks for them, and I feel they are true heroes.

My sister and brother in law have been amazing.
They have fought for my niece and her health needs since they found out she was ill about 2 years ago.
They are heroes in themselves as well.

My life changed the day I became an aunt.
I love Gabriella and PJ more than I could even express.
The thought of losing either of them makes my heart ache with a pain that I can't even describe.
The fact that Gabriella was given life again a year ago today is beyond any feelings I can express.
I love you, Princess.


PhotobucketPhotobucket

4 comments:

  1. What an amazing and selfless gift. I can't begin to imagine what everyone went through. And look at that sweet face...

    And completely unrelated, I saw this and thought of you. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.Em.Gee! I love you for that. Now my stomach is growling. I MUST have asparagus for dinner...and I'm going to have to use a couple of those recipes. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable and Inspiring! I love and admire you and your family. I am proud that you are my cousin.
    xo!

    ReplyDelete