Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers' Day

Today is Mothers' Day.

It's MY blog, so I can complain.

This is my 7th Mother's Day with empty arms.
It sucks, but it is what it is.
I can still have an ounce of hurt, sadness and anger today.

I am thankful for my mom, my sister, my grandma Evie and all of the other amazing women who are moms in my life.

Regardless.....I hope that every women out there that is a mom, has been a mom, will soon be a mom and is hoping to one day be a mom has an amazing day. <3

To my mom:
Thank for you always being there for me.
For always caring.
For always providing.
For putting up with me when my blood sugar is high and I'm in a pissy mood.
For putting up with me when my blood sugar is low and I'm slurring my words like I am a drunk.
For always telling me I am beautiful.
For encouraging me to pursue my passions.
Thank you.
I love you!

To my sister:
Thank you for making my an aunt. It's the most prized title that I have.
For caring so gently and so fiercely for Gabriella through all of her health problems.
For being a great sister. We have definitely grown together as we age.
For giving me such an amazing princess for a niece.
For giving my such a stud for a nephew.
For giving me a brother. (ok...this doesn't pertain to Mothers' Day, but whatever!) ;)
I love you!

4 comments:

  1. My prayer today is that you find peace with where you are for today -- UNTIL the big day when you can look back on this time and be thankful for a little one (or more) in your arms. Please, God, let it be a short period of time from now until then.

    ((Hugs)) on today and each day after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, mamma. I love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was much to beautiful of a post to be considered complaining. I would love nothing more than to see your arms full next year...

    ps sorry about that F word. I had forgotten how much that one sucked on the boards. I was trying to use it in the context of we are finally moving forward again as we have been so stagnant, but suspect it didn't come out quite right... Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Brenda....I was not offended At.All. I LOVE the fact that you guys are Finally moving forward. I am sooooo excited to follow you in your journey.
    You are DEFINITELY privileged to using the F word. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete